The Samsung Galaxy S8+ came out in 2017, and introduced one of the largest displays you can get on a smartphone. It meant that fans of the standard Galaxy S8 model could get it with just a little more screen real estate - and it packs a punch in terms of its design and inside specs, too. Find out how to get the best deal on this stunning smartphone with CompareMyMobile, and get comparing deals on the S8+ right away.
What is the Samsung Galaxy S8+ like?
Well, it's big. The display is a massive 6.2 inches in size - about half an inch bigger than the regular Galaxy S8 - with a Quad HD resolution and curved sides. A gorgeous design means it looks and feels great in your hand.
Inside, it's also pretty darn powerful, with octa-core processors and 4GB of RAM. It offers more internal memory than the standard S8 as well - 128GB, with a microSD card slot if that's still not enough space.
The cameras, meanwhile, are some of the best you'll find on a 2017 phone. On the back there's a 12MP lens with lots of pro-level controls, and there's even an 8MP lens on the front for nice clear selfies.
On top of all that, the S8+ is packed with more features you didn't realise you needed, like the Bixby AI assistant, a heart rate monitor, and an iris scanner as well as a fingerprint sensor. Oh, and a standard headphone plug.
How to find the best Samsung Galaxy S8+ deal
Use our comparison tool to pick the best Samsung Galaxy S8+ deal for you. Choose everything you need from your plan - including things like monthly allowance, network, upfront cost, and monthly cost - and sort the deals by whatever metric you want, such as price.
Then all you need to do is choose a deal you like, and click it to sign up.
What data allowance do I need?
The right allowance can vary a lot between users, but for a phone like this, you may want to get a little more than you currently use - especially if it's a big upgrade on your last handset. It all depends on how you use your phone, though. Here are some basic pointers to give you a hand.
- Email, social media, browsing - You'll only need around 1GB or so.
- Lots of social media, watching a few videos, streaming music - Try a medium-sized data allowance, around 2GB-5GB.
- Streaming TV or films every day, listening to podcasts on the go, downloading lots of files - Get a heavier allowance, perhaps 10GB or more. You could even go for unlimited data if you're a big mobile internet user.
What's the cheapest Samsung Galaxy S8+ deal?
'Plus'-sized Samsung phones tend to be on the expensive side, but there are some ways to keep costs down when you take out a contract.
Your best bet is always to compare deals to find one that gives you everything you need at the lowest price. As well as that, there are a few cost-cutting measures you can try…
- Budget networks - Small providers and 'MVNOs' are more likely to focus on low prices. Try ones like giffgaff, iD Mobile, or Plusnet Mobile.
- Refurbished phones - These handsets are previously owned and have been given a revamp so they're good as new - and they cost less.
- Existing customer deals - We list a bunch of these right there in the comparison table. It could mean an upgrade deal from your current network; a monthly discount on BT Mobile if you have BT broadband; unlimited calls and texts on Sky Mobile if you have Sky broadband/TV; and more.
- Resellers - Companies like Carphone Warehouse and Mobiles.co.uk buy phones and plans in bulk, then sell them to you at nice low costs. You'll see deals from these guys alongside ones direct from networks so you can see at a glance which is best.
Can I get the Samsung Galaxy S8+ with no upfront cost?
Yes. Even though it's a costly handset, you can get the Samsung Galaxy S8+ for 'free' with the right contract.
That does mean monthly payments will be a little higher, though - so make sure you compare all the no-upfront-cost deals out there to find one with the best value.
Can I get the Samsung Galaxy S8+ with unlimited data?
Unlimited data deals certainly are available on mobile contracts, though only from a couple of networks. They can be costly, but it's worth it if you know you'll be constantly watching, streaming, and downloading on your Galaxy S8+. Take a look:
If unlimited data is just a little too expensive, take a look at S8+ plans with large data allowances too. Contracts with 20GB and above per month are available from quite a few networks - which means you have more choice over which one to go for, too.
More phones like the Samsung Galaxy S8+
Take a look at a few other phones that are similar to the Galaxy S8+, and compare all your options before you commit to a plan.
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Google Pixel XL
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus