Representing a seriously super-sized Apple upgrade, the iPhone XS Max brought together all the top-drawer attributes of the XS - such as its stellar performance, super-sharp display and enhanced cameras - and made them bigger.
You won’t perhaps notice a huge price difference between a new and a refurbished mobile contract. But with every new Apple release, you will see savings on refurbished XS Max contracts.
What is a refurbished iPhone XS Max deal?
A refurbished phone is an unwanted handset that has been returned to a mobile supplier or network for whatever reason - possibly due to a fault or the owner simply changed their mind.
If it’s refurbished, it means the phone has been restored to its factory settings and given a thorough maintenance check and repair.
Search our deals table of mobile networks and retailers to find a refurbished iPhone XS Max deal.
Use the filters to find the right tariff of minutes, texts and data and storage options. You can also vary the balance between your monthly fee and any upfront cost.
What are the best refurbished iPhone XS Max deals?
The best refurbished iPhone XS Max deals will depend on your needs and how you use your phone.
You can filter by:
- Storage - The iPhone XS Max is available with either 64GB, 256GB or 512GB of internal storage for your apps, files and pics.
- Colour - You can get this model in black, silver or gold.
- Monthly allowance - There's plenty of choice here over what you can get. Tariffs range from a minimal allowance up to unlimited everything. Pick a small one if you don't use your phone much, or lots of data if you like to browse and stream all day - though most of us are satisfied with 2GB-5GB of data.
- Budget - Think about how much you're willing to spend on your mobile bill each month, and how much you can spend upfront today.
- Network - Not all phones are available as refurbished handsets but you should still compare mobile networks. Some also have special offers for existing customers.
Once you've selected all the things that are important to you, you can sort the available deals by cost to see the cheapest, by data allowance to see the most generous, or just take a look at our top picks.
What are the cheapest refurbished iPhone XS Max deals?
Signing up for a refurbished mobile phone contract is generally cheaper than a new handset contract - particularly an iPhone contract.
Each time a new iPhone is released, the older iPhone models tend to come down in price - though you won’t notice a huge difference in refurbished iPhone XS Max contract prices until a few more iPhone models have been released.
Search our deals table to see what’s on offer from different mobile networks, and consider the following:
- Work out the number of minutes and texts you will need each month
- Think about your data use - data-hungry apps and watching movies on the go means you’ll need a decent data allowance
- Budget networks will often offer cheaper refurbished iPhone contracts - providers such as iD Mobile and giffgaff
- Compare refurbished contracts by upfront cost against monthly fee
- Pick a deal through a reseller, such as Carphone Warehouse - that is, a company that buys handsets and SIMs in bulk and passes the savings onto you.
What is the iPhone XS Max like?
As we’re essentially looking at the bigger sibling of the iPhone XS, the XS Max flaunts its predecessor’s riches to grand effect, albeit with a massive 6.5-inch screen. Boasting a high-end OLED display, it’s the XS Max’s biggest selling point, and Apple’s biggest screen to date - perfect if you’re a gamer or enjoy Netflix catch-ups on the morning commute.
The XS Max is also fitted with a powerful A12 Bionic processor, which means increased battery life and enables apps to launch 30% faster. Anyone looking to upgrade from an older iPhone will notice a real difference in performance.
Keen photographers will love the XS Max’s strong camera functionality; an impressive wide-angle camera boasts a 12 megapixel (MP) dual camera system and smart HDR. Improved facial recognition software, huge storage options, Apple’s new “Dual SIM Dual Stand By” and the choice of gold, black and silver, make the XS Max a very attractive proposition.
However, the XS Max’s size might not be for everyone - it’s huge. It’s also a heavy phone and is very, very expensive.