With a brand-new look and some unique features to boot, the iPhone X scaled new heights in premium smartphone excellence - but it also had a price to match.
As the iPhone X (pronounced ‘ten’) is a relatively recent release, you won’t perhaps notice a huge price difference between a new and a refurbished contract. But with every new Apple release, you will see savings on refurbished iPhone X contracts.
What is a refurbished iPhone X deal?
A refurbished phone is an unwanted handset that has been returned to a mobile supplier or network for whatever reason - possibly due to a fault or the owner simply changed their mind.
If it’s refurbished, it means the phone has been restored to its factory settings and given a thorough maintenance check and repair.
Search our deals table of mobile networks and retailers to find a refurbished iPhone X deal.
Use the filters to find the right tariff of minutes, texts and data and storage options. You can also vary the balance between your monthly fee and any upfront cost.
What are the best refurbished iPhone X deals?
The best refurbished iPhone X deals will depend on your needs and how you use your phone.
You can filter by:
- Storage - The iPhone X is available with either 64GB or 256GB of internal storage for your apps, files and pics.
- Colour - You can get this model in silver or Space Grey.
- Monthly allowance - There's plenty of choice here over what you can get. Tariffs range from a minimal allowance up to unlimited everything. Pick a small one if you don't use your phone much, or lots of data if you like to browse and stream all day - though most of us are satisfied with 2GB-5GB of data.
- Budget - Think about how much you're willing to spend on your mobile bill each month, and how much you can spend upfront today.
- Network - Not all phones are available as refurbished handsets but you should still compare mobile networks. Some also have special offers for existing customers.
Once you've selected all the things that are important to you, you can sort the available deals by cost to see the cheapest, by data allowance to see the most generous, or just take a look at our top picks.
What are the cheapest refurbished iPhone X deals?
Signing up for a refurbished mobile phone contract is generally cheaper than a new handset contract - particularly an iPhone contract.
Each time a new iPhone is released, the older iPhone models tend to come down in price - though you won’t notice a huge difference in refurbished iPhone X contract prices until a few more iPhone models have been released.
Search our deals table to see what’s on offer from different mobile networks, and consider the following:
- Work out the number of minutes and texts you will need each month
- Think about your data use - data-hungry apps and watching movies on the go means you’ll need a decent data allowance
- Compare refurbished contracts by upfront cost against monthly fee
- Budget networks will often offer cheaper refurbished iPhone contracts - providers such as iD Mobile and giffgaff
- Pick a deal through a reseller, such as Carphone Warehouse - that is, a company that buys handsets and SIMs in bulk and passes the savings onto you.
What is the iPhone X like?
Apple really raised the bar with the iPhone X. Packed with high-end specs and a striking edge-to-edge OLED HD screen, this anniversary edition model is a flagship phone to cherish.
With a superb dual-lens camera on the back, facial recognition ID on the front, and a fast and powerful A11 Bionic processor in the middle, the iPhone X is an impressive piece of tech.
The 2716mAh battery is large enough to power the phone and last a full day. It's even capable of wireless charging if you splash out on a charging pad.