Sky isn't just a broadband and satellite TV company - it also has mobile phone deals, complete with a few extras for its TV customers. Even if you're a Sky newbie you get cool stuff included, like data rollover, early handset upgrades, and changeable plans with allowances you can switch whenever you want.
Compare everything the network offers with our tool, or read on for everything you need to know about finding the best Sky Mobile deal.
Sky Mobile phone plans
Sky Mobile offers a handful of SIM-only deals - or you can grab a contract on a phone through Sky Mobile Swap.
Whichever kind of deal you choose, you'll get a few special features on your plan, including:
- Roll - Roll over your unused data. Any data allowance you don't use that month is stored in a virtual piggybank for up to three years - longer than most networks will let you hang onto it - that you can dig into whenever you want.
- Mix - Change the allowance and price of your plan at any point.
Sky TV customers get a couple of extra bonuses too, including unlimited calls and texts.
Sky Mobile phone contracts
Sky Mobile's pay monthly phone contracts work on a 'Swap' system, which lets you upgrade your handset more easily and flexibly than a lot of networks. It's a bit complicated to get your head around at first, but does ultimately give you more control.
For each phone, you can choose either Swap12, a 24-month contract that lets you upgrade any time after 12 months; or Swap24, a 30-month contract that lets you upgrade after 24 months.
Once the 12 or 24 months are up, you can either pay off the remainder of what you owe for the phone and keep it, stick with the plan until the contract is over, or trade your phone in to Sky and start again with a brand new one.
You'll get a Sky Mobile SIM too, which works exactly the same as its SIM-only plans - see below for all you need to know about those.
There's quite a bit of choice over what you can get with a Sky Mobile contract, so we recommend comparing your options with our mobile comparison table. Pick which phone you want, or select a few to see how they compare, and decide which contract length will suit you the best. Then you can just choose an allowance at a price that suits you, and order your phone.
Sky Mobile SIM-only deals
SIM-only deals are available from Sky Mobile on a modest range of data allowances - from 500MB per month for light users, up to 10GB for heavier months.
All SIM plans last for 12 months, but you're able to change your allowance up and down whenever you want to. That's handy, especially as your unused data from each month goes into the piggybank for later.
If you have Sky TV at home, you can get unlimited calls and texts on your plan included for free. If not, you can add them on for an extra monthly fee - or just stick with pay-as-you-go if you don't call or text much.
Compare all Sky Mobile's SIM deals with our tool to find the one that looks best for you - we'll show you the data-only deals, plans with calls and texts, and existing customer deals alongside each other so you can compare the lot. Whichever one you pick, you can always change your allowance next month if it turns out to be too little or too much.
Or take a look at our best SIM-only deals.
Sky Mobile coverage
Sky Mobile uses O2's network, so coverage isn't half bad. Over 99% of the population can call and text, and 3G mobile internet reaches about 98% of us. 4G coverage is a little less wide, with OpenSignal estimating that users can connect to it around 75% of the time - putting it second best in the country for 4G, behind EE.
Use Sky Mobile's coverage checker before you commit to a plan - it's important to make sure you're covered in all the places you want to use your phone.
Sky Mobile benefits and perks
There are a few bonuses on board when you go for a Sky Mobile deal, especially for those with a telly package:
- Free unlimited calls and texts if you have Sky TV
- Ability to manage your Sky TV recordings from your phone with Sync
- Early handset upgrades
- Data rollover
How to find the best Sky Mobile offer
Compare all Sky Mobile plans and find the best offer for you with CompareMyMobile's comparison tool. Narrow down your search with the toggles in the sidebar, and you'll see only the deals that match what you're looking for.
- The first thing you'll need to decide is whether you want a contract deal or just a SIM-only If you're going for a phone contract, think about which phone you want. High-tech handsets like the latest iPhone are available from Sky Mobile, as are Samsung Galaxies, Sony Xperia mobiles, and more.
- Pick a contract length. Do you want an early upgrade, and if so, when? To get a new phone next year, for example, you'll want a Swap12 contract.
- Finally, choose a data allowance - and whether or not you want unlimited calls and texts. Sky TV customers get them automatically, of course.
What's the cheapest Sky Mobile deal?
With our tool, you can find the cheapest Sky Mobile deal for you nice and easily: just enter the criteria you want from your plan, and sort the deals by cost. This way, the cheapest ones will be shown first.
If you have Sky TV, you can definitely get a cheaper deal thanks to those free calls and texts.
If you haven't got Sky TV, work out how many SMS texts you send and how many minutes you spend chatting on your mobile each month. For anyone who uses more than 100 minutes or 100 texts per month, it's currently better value to splash out on the unlimited calls and texts. Folks who use fewer than that will see better value sticking with pay-as-you-go.
For Sky Mobile phone contracts, it's best to compare deals side by side, as the cheapest deal can vary a lot between phones and contract lengths. Sorting by total cost will show you which one works out at the lowest price overall.
Other mobile networks
Find and compare SIM-only plans and contract deals from mobile networks in the UK.
- O2 - Customers get exclusive offers and vouchers for high street stores, restaurants and events through O2 Priority.
- Vodafone - Enjoy entertainment subscriptions to Spotify, Prime Video and Sky Sports through Vodafone's Red Entertainment packages.
- Giffgaff - Great value-for-money 30-day rolling SIM deals
- iD Mobile - Affordable and simple plans with data rollover on the Three network.
- EE - Six months of Apple Music for free and the best UK network coverage.
You could also trade in your current smartphone and put the money towards one of the newer models. It's a quick and easy process with CompareMyMobile.com. Depending on what model you have, and how intact it is, you’ll be surprised at what you can get.