Virgin Mobile deals come from the same company who provide your superfast broadband and cable TV - and their top quality services extend to their mobile arm too. The provider has a nice range of mobile plans at good value prices, rocking some rather nice perks like data-free messaging.
Compare everything you can get with our mobile comparison table, or read on for more info on what you can get and how to choose a deal.
Virgin Mobile phone plans
With Virgin Mobile, you can get mobile contracts that give you a phone, and SIM-only deals that give you just a SIM card. It also offers pay-as-you-go SIMs, though they come with fewer benefits than pay-monthly plans.
All pay-monthly deals, whether you've got a handset or just a SIM on its own, have a few nice bits and bobs. They all have unlimited texts, and data-free use of Twitter, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp messaging which doesn't come out of your allowance. And you can roll over any unused data allowance to use the next month.
Virgin Mobile SIM-only deals
Virgin Mobile's SIM-only plans can be used in any unlocked phone, and are available on a good choice of allowances. That ranges from a tiny 300MB data with 300 minutes up to 20GB with 5000 minutes.
They're all 12-month plans, so be aware that you'll be tied to Virgin Mobile for at least a year, but like the network's handset plans, they're also pretty flexible. You're able to change your allowance - and monthly cost - up or down at any point.
Take a look at Virgin Mobile's SIM-only plans using our comparison tool, and you can see how they all compare. All you need to do is pick the one with the best price and allowance - remember you can change it later if it doesn't quite fit your use.
Virgin Mobile phone contracts
A decent range of handsets are available on Virgin Mobile pay-monthly contracts, including the latest iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones, plus mid-range and budget models too. Monthly allowances on offer are the same as what you'll find on SIM-only, going up to 20GB data and 5000 texts.
All Virgin Mobile contracts are 'Freestyle', which basically means they're a lot more flexible than phone contracts from most networks. Your monthly bill is split into what you owe on the phone, and the cost of your SIM plan - so you can change your SIM tariff up or down whenever you like, and have the option to pay off the remaining handset cost and get a new one before your contract is up.
With our mobile comparison tool, you can compare all Virgin Mobile's phone contracts to find one that works for you. Pick the handset you want from the filters, or pick a few and see how their deals match up.
Then it's just a case of choosing the allowance that suits you best at a tariff that fits your budget. Remember you can switch it to a higher or lower one at any time, though it'll alter the monthly cost.
Virgin Mobile coverage
Virgin Mobile uses the EE network to deliver its services - and EE famously has the best coverage in the country, so you're in good hands. Over 99% of the population is covered by the network as a whole, and more than 90% of us can connect to its 4G. You won't get download speeds as fast as you would from EE itself, however.
Be sure to use Virgin Mobile's coverage checker before you commit to a plan, of course. All networks have black spots, especially in difficult-to-reach areas, including EE.
Virgin Mobile benefits and perks
There are a few bonuses you get with your Virgin Mobile plan, such as…
- Unlimited calls and texts to other Virgin Mobile phones, if you have Virgin Media broadband or TV
- Free use of Virgin Media Wi-Fi hotspots, including Wi-Fi on the London Underground
- Free gadgets with certain contract plans, such as tablets, VR headsets, and headphones
How to find the best Virgin Mobile offer
You'll find the best Virgin Mobile deal for you by comparing your options with CompareMyMobile. Our mobile comparison tool collects all the deals you can get from Virgin Mobile right now so you can see them side by side and find the one that suits you best.
When you pick a deal you'll need to think about the most important things you need from your plan.
- Contract or SIM-only? - If you're getting a handset, you'll need to choose which one you want - or just enter your other criteria and see what you can get for your budget.
- Monthly allowance - Virgin Mobile's smaller tariffs will suit you if you only use your phone a little; but look to the larger allowances if you like to watch movies, stream music, and do work on your phone.
- Budget - Got a set amount you can spend? Adjust the filters at the side so you only see deals with monthly costs or upfront costs that are within your budget.
What's the cheapest Virgin Mobile deal?
The cheapest Virgin Mobile deal for you is the one that ticks all your boxes at the lowest cost. Use the guidelines above to find all the available deals that fit your needs, and sort the grid by cost. You can do so by monthly cost, total cost, or even upfront cost if you're looking at phone contracts. The cheapest deals will be automatically shown at the top of the page.
You can also keep the cost of your plan down by…
- Picking smaller allowance - You can always bump it up next month if it's not enough.
- Choosing an older handset - The Samsung Galaxy S7 isn't latest model, for instance, but it's still excellent and has a slightly lower price than the newest Galaxy.
- Looking out for special offers - You may be able to snag extra data or a lower monthly price on a limited-time-only deal.