Vodafone is one of the biggest mobile networks - not just in the UK, but the whole world. And it's easy to see why it's so popular, with loads and loads of plans to choose from and special benefits like free Spotify subscriptions.
But even with all that choice, comparing your options with Vodafone is simple and straightforward. Read on and we'll take you through what you can get from Vodafone, and how to find the perfect deal.
Vodafone mobile phone plans
Vodafone offers all kinds of mobile plans, including pay monthly contracts on handsets, and SIM-only deals that you can use in any unlocked phone.
Some of their deals are also 'Red' plans with extra benefits - including free mobile security software and subscriptions to apps like Spotify, NOW TV, or Sky Sports Mobile TV. You'll usually find those on its more premium and long-term options.
Vodafone phone contracts
If you're after a new phone, grabbing a pay monthly mobile contract from Vodafone that includes a handset is no problem. The network's range of plans includes deals on iPhones, Samsung Galaxy S models, and all the best from Sony, Motorola, BlackBerry, and even special Vodafone-branded phones that you can't get anywhere else.
Monthly allowances on contract deals span from less than 1GB data and a few minutes up to 60GB with unlimited calls and texts. Many are Vodafone Red plans too with those extras thrown in.
Because it's got a good breadth of handsets on offer, it's worth comparing Vodafone deals on a bunch of phones - especially if you can't decide which one to get. To do so, use our comparison grid to see all the available deals and select multiple phones from the menu at the side.
You can also filter to only see certain allowances, plans within your budget, phones with enough internal storage, and more.
Vodafone SIM-only deals
There's a big range of SIM-only plans available from Vodafone too. Monthly allowances start at 500MB data and 500 minutes, and go all the way up to 40GB with unlimited minutes - and all include unlimited texting.
You can choose between a long-term 12-month plan or a rolling 30-day one, though you get more benefits (and lower monthly costs) on 12-month SIMs. Read more about Vodafone SIM plans here.
When comparing SIM-only plans and picking the one for you, think about what allowance you want, what contract length is best, how much you can spend each month, and what extra benefits you want. Bear in mind that you don't get as many extras with Vodafone Red on 30-day SIMs.
Or take a look at our best SIM-only deals.
Coverage on Vodafone's network is very good - 99% of the population can get good enough signal to call and text, with 3G coverage pretty close to that too. 4G internet isn't quite as well spread - it's available about 70% of the time, according to stats from OpenSignal.
However, Vodafone is also particularly renowned for its network reliability. Not only can 99% of us get signal, that signal is less likely to cut out, with calls dropped far less frequently than on most networks.
Vodafone benefits and perks
- App subscriptions - On Red Entertainment plans - usually long-term pay-monthly deals with higher allowances - you can get up to 24 months' free subscription to an entertainment app of your choice. Available options here include Spotify and Sky Sports Mobile TV.
- Mobile security - You get a three-month trial of Vodafone Secure Net with all Red plans.
- Roaming - Use your usual allowance abroad at no extra cost in 50 countries.
- Early upgrades - If you upgrade to a new phone at the end of your contract and stick with Vodafone, you can get your upgrade up to three months early.
How to find the best Vodafone offer
You'll find the best Vodafone plan by comparing all your options with our comparison tool. Think about what you need from a mobile plan:
- Phone contract, or SIM-only?
- What allowance do you need?
- What's your budget?
- If you're getting a phone contract, which handset do you want? Pick a few from the menu to compare if you're not sure.
- If you're going SIM-only, what contract length do you need?
- Do you want a Red plan? Remember they're only available on higher-end offers, and not on 30-day SIM deals.
What's the cheapest Vodafone deal?
To find the cheapest deal on Vodafone that works for you, compare all the deals that fit what you're looking for and see what gives you the best value. Remember to use the filters at the side page, and use the toggle at the top to sort all the deals by cost - either total cost, monthly cost, or upfront cost. This will display the cheapest ones first, taking into account any special offers.
If you have a budget to stick to, you can filter the results by cost using the menu at the side of the page too, and we'll show you everything you can get on Vodafone for that price range.
You may be able to find a lower cost deal by picking an older or mid-range handset, going for a lower allowance, or choosing a 12-month SIM deal over a 30-day one.
Other mobile networks
Find and compare SIM-only plans and contract deals from mobile networks in the UK.
- O2 - Customers get exclusive offers and vouchers for high street stores, restaurants and events through O2 Priority.
- Vodafone - Enjoy entertainment subscriptions to Spotify, Prime Video and Sky Sports through Vodafone's Red Entertainment packages.
- Giffgaff - Great value-for-money 30-day rolling SIM deals
- iD Mobile - Affordable and simple plans with data rollover on the Three network.
- EE - Six months of Apple Music for free and the best UK network coverage.
You could also trade in your current smartphone and put the money towards one of the newer models. It's a quick and easy process with CompareMyMobile.com. Depending on what model you have, and how intact it is, you’ll be surprised at what you can get.