iD Mobile isn't the most famous operator out there, but the company behind it is a household name: Carphone Warehouse. Over the last few years, the company's carved out a strong identity thanks to its super-affordable phone plans and SIM-only deals that value low prices and clarity over confusing bells and whistles.
Read on, and we'll - ahem - identify everything that iD has to offer.
iD Mobile plans
iD offers a wide variety of tariffs to suit different types of users, but they all have some things in common. Firstly, they're incredibly straightforward to understand. You get a set allowance of inclusive minutes, texts and data, starting at a rather paltry 500MB a month and going up to 10GB depending on the plan.
All plans are available with a pay monthly phone contract or SIM-only, and whichever you go with, you'll share the same features:
- Data rollover - any data left unused at the end of a month rolls over into your next month's allowance.
- Capping - with iD you can set a limit on how much you can spend each month. That way, you won't get shocked by higher than expected bills
- Inclusive roaming in the EU and EEA - you can use your phone at no extra cost in 50 destinations in Europe, and few in other parts of the world. Any data, minutes or texts you use will simply be deducted from your plan as they would be if you were at home.
iD Mobile SIM-only deals
iD's SIM-only plans include all the above features and operate on rolling 30-day contracts. That's great because it means you can cancel or change your plan at any time.
The wide range of data options mean there's an appropriate plan for most people. That said, data options cap out at 10GB, so the heaviest of users may want to look towards the likes of Three, O2 or EE for the massive data bundles.
The rest of us should be fine with what's available though. Take a look at iD's SIM-only plans with our comparison tool to see how they all compare. Or take a look at our best SIM-only deals.
iD contract phone deals
There's a healthy set of handsets available from iD, including the most popular handsets like iPhones and the Samsung Galaxy S family.
If you want to save a bit of cash, there are also more affordable options, with quality budget handsets from Motorola, Samsung and more all available.
Here's a small sample of the more popular handsets:
Simply follow the link below to start comparing all the different handsets from iD Mobile.
iD Mobile coverage
iD uses Three's network, so its coverage is pretty good. Around 97% of the UK population can get access to 3G and voice services, while 91% can now get access to faster 4G connections.
That said, parts of the UK still lack for coverage, so make sure you use a coverage checker before choosing iD to ensure you can use your handset in the areas you most commonly visit.
How do I find the best iD offer?
You can compare iD Mobile and SIM-only deals right here on CompareMyMobile.com. Which, is sort of implied by the name, right?
Which plan is best will naturally depend on your specific needs, and there are some things you should consider to ensure that they are fully met:
- How much data? - Think about what you want to do on your phone while out and about. If you want to stream movies and TV, for example, you'll need a fair amount of data. If you're not sure how much to get, check out this guide to data usage.
- How much can I spend upfront? - As a rule, the more you spend on a handset upfront, the lower the total contract cost will be. Consider what is the maximum you can afford, and filter out any options that go over that.
- What's my monthly budget? - Similarly, think about how much you can afford to spend each month. Filter the results grid to only show deals you can afford - it will make it a lot easier to see all your options
What's the cheapest iD deal?
iD is generally one of the more affordable mobile operators out there, so you're likely to find a good deal any time of year. As to which is the cheapest, that changes regularly, so use our mobile comparison service to see current deals.
Also, here's a couple of tips that can help you find the lowest cost packages:
- Choose an older phone - don't assume you have to buy the most recent version of your handset of choice. Comparing the previous version, or even earlier, will show you much cheaper deals - and there's probably not that much different between the phones anyway.
- Sell your old phone - don't forget that you can sell your old phone once you have a replacement. That means you potentially have over a hundred pounds in your pocket that can go some way to mitigating the cost of a new contract. You can see how much your phone is worth here.
Other mobile networks
Find and compare SIM-only plans and contract deals from mobile networks in the UK.
- O2 - Customers get exclusive offers and vouchers for high street stores, restaurants and events through O2 Priority.
- Vodafone - Enjoy entertainment subscriptions to Spotify, Prime Video and Sky Sports through Vodafone's Red Entertainment packages.
- Giffgaff - Great value-for-money 30-day rolling SIM deals
- EE - Six months of Apple Music for free and the best UK network coverage.
- Smarty - Excellent value SIM-only plans with rewards each month for unused data
You could also trade in your current smartphone and put the money towards one of the newer models. It's a quick and easy process with CompareMyMobile.com. Depending on what model you have, and how intact it is, you’ll be surprised at what you can get.