This SIM-only network likes to keep things simple. On Smarty’s one-month SIM-only plans, you can benefit from an unused data discount at the end of each month, as well as money off your bill when you refer a friend to the network.
Also, as Smarty is owned by Three, it uses the same network to take advantage of reliable 4G coverage that reaches more than 91% of the population and 3G coverage that hits 98%.
Read on, and we’ll take you through everything Smarty has to offer.
Smarty’s SIM-only deals
Smarty’s plans are all 30-day SIM-only deals which include unlimited calls and unlimited texts - with varying data allowances. It’s a unique network that rewards its customers with discounts on any data leftover each month - and you can cancel at any time.
Say, for example, you have a 8GB allowance, but only use 5GB. On most networks, after 30 days you would lose that data, whereas Smarty will buy back the extra 3GB for £1.25 per gigabyte. That means you'll get £3.75 off your next bill.
With Smarty, there are just three SIM-only plans to choose from:
- Small - Smarty’s cheapest plan gets you 2GB data each month, unlimited calls and texts, and discounts for unused data. A perfect plan for lighter users who want to primarily surf, use social media and instant messaging services.
- Medium - gives you 4GB data a month, unlimited calls and texts and discounts for unused data. This plan is generous enough for most to use social media, stream music and to use the web pretty freely.
- Large - gives you a sizeable 8GB data a month, unlimited calls and texts, and discounts for unused data. This is for the heavier web users, particularly if they want to watch video.
Unfortunately, Smarty does not offer unlimited data plans at this time.
To find a good deal, compare plans with our mobile comparison table. Take a look at the monthly bundles you can get, and narrow them down to find one that suits you. Then just click through to order your SIM, and it'll come loaded with your chosen bundle - ready to go as soon as you activate the SIM card. Or take a look at our best SIM-only deals.
Smarty Mobile phone plans
Smarty’s Mobile Coverage
As Smarty is owned directly by Three, it uses the same network, which means you get the same reception on Smarty as you would if you’re with Three. Its 4G coverage now reaches 91% of the population, while indoor 3G coverage now stands at 98%.
Do use its coverage checker before you sign up to a plan, however. All mobile networks have their black spots, and 99% of the population doesn't mean 99% of the country geographically.
Smarty’s perks and extras
Smarty’s biggest plus is its approach to data and the rewards you get on unused data each month. However, on all its SIM-only plans, you receive the following:
- Discount on used data - at the end of each month, Smarty rewards you for any unused data you have leftover with a discount on your next plan
- Refer-a-friend - for every friend who joins Smarty, you receive a free month
- Unlimited UK standard calls and texts - on all plans
- Cancel at any time - flexible one-month contracts mean you can cancel anytime or change your plan each month
- Tether and hot-spot your data - without speed restrictions
How to find the best Smarty offer
CompareMyMobile is here to help you find the best Smarty deal for you, thanks to our handy comparison tool.
You can see all the available SIM deals in one place so you can compare them side by side, and adjust the toggles on the left to only show the plans that suit you. You could filter them by monthly price to only see deals within your budget; or by allowance, to find ones heavy enough for your mobile use.
Not sure which tariff to go for? Think about how much you use your mobile phone for calling, texting, and the internet.
- Calls - Smarty’s plans all offer unlimited calls
- Texts - All plans include unlimited texts, which is handy for keen texters.
- Data - The smallest plan is good for just a small amount of browsing, while the biggest 8GB one will suit more intensive users. Pick a larger bundle if you like to use social media a lot, watch a few videos, stream audio on the go, or download a lot of files.
Remember that each bundle only lasts for 30 days. You can always change it next month - or in several months' time - if it's not quite the right one.
What's the cheapest Smarty offer?
The cheapest Smarty plan includes 2GB of data - with unlimited calls and unlimited texts. This will take care of frequent, but not heavy, use of social media and some apps. If you regularly stream movies and listen to music, it’s probably worth going for a larger data allowance.
To find the cheapest deal that fits your use, use our comparison table. Adjust the filters to make sure you only see SIMs that have enough monthly allowance for you, and then sort the whole table by monthly cost. You'll see the lowest-priced deals right at the top.
Other mobile networks
Find and compare SIM-only plans and contract deals from mobile networks in the UK.
- O2 - Customers get exclusive offers and vouchers for high street stores, restaurants and events through O2 Priority.
- Vodafone - Enjoy entertainment subscriptions to Spotify, Prime Video and Sky Sports through Vodafone's Red Entertainment packages.
- Giffgaff - Great value-for-money 30-day rolling SIM deals
- iD Mobile - Affordable and simple plans with data rollover on the Three network.
- EE - Six months of Apple Music for free and the best UK network coverage.
You could also trade in your current smartphone and put the money towards one of the newer models. It's a quick and easy process with CompareMyMobile.com. Depending on what model you have, and how intact it is, you’ll be surprised at what you can get.