Bringing together both style and performance, the XR is an iPhone to cherish. It has high-end specs, easy to use software and an excellent camera - all the while managing to keep the price down.
As the iPhone XR is a relatively recent release, you won’t notice a huge price difference between a new and a refurbished mobile contract. But with every new Apple release, you will see savings on refurbished XR contracts.
What is a refurbished iPhone XR deal?
A refurbished phone is an unwanted handset that has been returned to a mobile supplier or network for whatever reason - possibly due to a fault or the owner simply changed their mind.
If it’s refurbished, it means the phone has been restored to its factory settings and given a thorough maintenance check and repair.
Search our deals table of mobile networks and retailers to find a refurbished iPhone XR deal.
Use the filters to find the right tariff of minutes, texts and data and storage options. You can also vary the balance between your monthly fee and any upfront cost.
What are the best refurbished iPhone XR deals?
The best refurbished iPhone XR deals will depend on your needs and how you use your phone.
You can filter by:
- Storage - The iPhone XR is available with either 64GB, 128GB or 256GB of internal storage for your apps, files and pics.
- Colour - You can get this model in black, white, blue, yellow, red and coral.
- Monthly allowance - There's plenty of choice here over what you can get. Tariffs range from a minimal allowance up to unlimited everything. Pick a small one if you don't use your phone much, or lots of data if you like to browse and stream all day - though most of us are satisfied with 2GB-5GB of data.
- Budget - Think about how much you're willing to spend on your mobile bill each month, and how much you can spend upfront today.
- Network - Not all phones are available as refurbished handsets but you should still compare mobile networks. Some also have special offers for existing customers.
Once you've selected all the things that are important to you, you can sort the available deals by cost to see the cheapest, by data allowance to see the most generous, or just take a look at our top picks.
What are the cheapest refurbished iPhone XR deals?
Signing up for a refurbished mobile phone contract is generally cheaper than a new handset contract - particularly an iPhone contract.
Each time a new iPhone is released, the older iPhone models tend to come down in price - though you won’t notice a huge difference in refurbished iPhone XR contract prices until a few more iPhone models have been released.
Search our deals table to see what’s on offer from different mobile networks, and consider the following:
- Work out the number of minutes and texts you will need each month
- Think about your data use - data-hungry apps and watching movies on the go means you’ll need a decent data allowance
- Compare refurbished contracts by upfront cost against monthly fee
- Pick a deal through a reseller, such as Carphone Warehouse - that is, a company that buys handsets and SIMs in bulk and passes the savings onto you.
What is the iPhone XR like?
The iPhone XR keeps all the bits that make iPhones so great, but reins in a few elements to get the price down a bit. Despite that, the iPhone XR is a real gem.
Elegantly designed with an aluminium band and six colours to choose from, its glossy rear enables wireless charging, and if you’re a fan of the big display, at 6.1inches, the XR is pretty much all screen - though slightly lower-res than flagship iPhones.
Apple’s A12 Bionic chip means the XR packs plenty of power for a fast performance and its battery is a noticeable improvement on older models.
If you’re a keen photographer, you will notice a few compromises on the camera (such as an unimpressive portrait mode), but the XR’s camera function is still decent enough and capable of excellent snaps.