If you’re looking for a large handset, jam-packed with top-tier specs and features, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 might just be the phone for you.
What is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
With its 6.3 inch touchscreen and AMOLED display, the Galaxy Note 8 was easily one of the biggest phones of 2017. And it also boasted some of the year’s most impressive tech, too.
That said, with thin bezels and sloped dual-curved edges, the Note 8 is also a stunning handset to look at, and, thanks to a Corning Gorilla Glass 5.0 coating, it’s extra tough, too - able to survive a 1.6 metre drop 80% of the time.
At the back of the phone you’ll find a dual 12-megapixel camera, and an 8-megapixel selfie-camera at the front - both capable of producing gorgeous, crystal-clear portrait photos and altering the depth of field before you snap your picture.
Finally, thanks to superior Quad-HD resolution, images on the Infinity Display screen are exceptionally well-defined, making it the perfect device for watching movies and playing games.
How to find the best Samsung Note 8 deal
Simple - use our comparison tool to choose everything you need from your plan - including monthly allowance, network, upfront cost, and monthly cost. Then, sort deals by whichever category you’d like, like price.
After that, click on the deal you want and sign up.
What data allowance do I need?
For a hefty phone like this, we recommend 10GB or more. Here are some basic pointers to give you a hand:
- Email, social media, browsing - You'll only need around 1GB or so.
- Lots of social media, watching a few videos, streaming music - Try a medium-sized data allowance, around 2GB-5GB.
- Streaming TV or films every day, listening to podcasts on the go, downloading lots of files - Get a heavier allowance, perhaps 10GB or more. You could even go for unlimited data if you're a big mobile internet user.
Indeed, although unlimited data deals are available on mobile contracts, only a couple of networks provide them. And, although they can be expensive, it's worth it if you know you'll be constantly watching, streaming, and downloading on your Galaxy Note 8. Find out more about how much data you need.
What’s the cheapest Samsung Note 8 deal?
Larger Samsung phones will be more expensive than smaller ones. That said, here’s a few ways to keep costs down when you take out a contract.
Your best bet is always to compare deals to find one that gives you everything you need at the cheapest price. As well as that, there are a few cost-cutting measures you can try…
- Budget networks - Small providers and mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) are more likely to focus on low prices. Try ones like giffgaff, iD Mobile, or Plusnet Mobile.
- Refurbished phones - These handsets are previously owned and have been given a revamp so they're good as new - and they cost less.
- Existing customer deals - We list a bunch of these right here in the comparison table. It could mean an upgrade deal from your current network; a monthly discount on BT Mobile if you have BT broadband; unlimited calls and texts on Sky Mobile if you have Sky broadband/TV; and more.
- Resellers - Companies like Carphone Warehouse and Mobiles.co.uk buy phones and plans in bulk, then sell them to you at nice low costs. You'll see deals from these re-tailers alongside ones direct from networks so you can see at a glance which is best.
Even though it's an expensive handset, you can still get the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for 'free' with the right contract.
Bear in mind, though, payments will be a little higher - so make sure you compare all the no-upfront-cost deals out there to find one with the best value.
More phones like the Galaxy Note 8
Take a look at some other phones that are similar to the Galaxy Note 8 and compare all your options before you commit to a plan.
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8+
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 8 Plus
If you're happy with your current phone and would like to hang on to it, we have some excellent SIM-only deals to check out.
You could also trade in your current smartphone and put the money towards one of the newer models. It's a quick and easy process with CompareMyMobile.com. Depending on what model you have, and how intact it is, you’ll be surprised at what you can get.