Take all the first-rate attributes of the iPhone XS - its stellar performance, super-sharp display and enhanced cameras - and then make it bigger. What do you get? The iPhone XS Max. We look at whether it’s worth taking a super-sized Apple upgrade.
Top iPhone XS Max deals by network
As you’d expect from a premium Apple phone, the iPhone XS Max isn’t just physically big, its price is on the high side too.
That means that if you're in the market for one, you really want to get the most for your money.
To help you do exactly that, below we've outlined the sort of standout features of iPhone XR contracts that you can expect from each of the the major UK networks.
iPhone XS Max deals on O2
O2 iPhone XS Max contracts feature inclusive roaming in O2's Europe Zone, as well as use of a network that picked up the award for Best Network Performance 2019 from Mobile News.
O2 customers also get the benefit of its Priority rewards scheme, which gets them freebies, money-off in high-street stores and priority booking at O2 venues.
Sold on O2? Find out more with our O2 network review.
iPhone XS Max deals on Vodafone
Vodafone Red Entertainment iPhone XS Max contracts include the option of a free 24-month subscription to BT Sport Mobile or Apple Music, or a Now TV Entertainment Pass.
All contracts include the VeryMe rewards scheme, which gets customers money-off deals and free gifts.
So what else has Vodafone got to offer? Read our Vodafone network review.
iPhone XS Max deals on EE
Customer benefits on EE iPhone XS contracts include the BT Sport app, as well as inclusive roaming in 48 locations and Swappable benefits.
EE is consistently named the UK's best network by RootMetrics and offers among the UK's fastest connection speeds.
EE mobile phone customers also get a free data boost of 20GB per month when they sign up for EE home broadband.
Find out more about EE with our EE network review.
iPhone XS Max deals on Three
iPhone XS Max deals include use of its highly rated Go Roam Around the World roaming scheme, which covers 71 locations around the world.
Customers on select contracts also benefit from the Go Binge scheme, which offers zero-data streaming on Netflix, Apple Music and more.
Like the sound of Three? See what else it's got to offer with our Three network review.
iPhone XS Max at a glance
As we’re essentially looking at the bigger sibling of the iPhone XS, the XS Max flaunts its predecessor’s riches to grand effect, albeit with a massive 6.5-inch screen.
What else can you expect...
- Its high-end OLED display is the XS Max’s biggest selling point - perfect if you’re a gamer or enjoy Netflix catch-ups on the morning commute.
- Fitted with with a powerful A12 Bionic processor, which means increased battery life and enables apps to launch 30% faster. Anyone looking to upgrade from an older iPhone will notice a real difference in performance.
- An impressive wide-angle camera boasts a 12 megapixel (MP) dual camera system and smart HDR.
- Improved facial recognition software
- Huge storage options - 64/256/512GB
- Apple’s new “Dual SIM Dual Stand By” (which the iPhone XR also has)
- Choice of gold, black and silver
Cheap iPhone XS Max deals
The iPhone XS Max is Apple’s most expensive phone to date, but there are ways to manage its cost when you buy one through a mobile contract:
- Compare the contract deals from our networks and you can see the different ways suppliers split their costs. Some require a large sum upfront and then a lower monthly fee, while others flip this and include a higher monthly fee, but you’ll pay less upfront.
- You can also buy your iPhone XS Max through a mobile reseller rather than a network - often a good way to save some cash.
iPhone XS Max deals with no upfront cost
If you’d rather avoid paying a large upfront fee when you buy an iPhone XS Max, there are mobile suppliers who offer this kind of deal.
Suppliers refer to this as a ‘free device’ which isn’t technically true - it just means you won’t pay anything upfront. However, it does mean you will pay a higher fee each month, as the cost of the phone is spread out over the course of the contract.
Alternatively, you can pay an upfront fee that will reduce your monthly fee. Compare network deals and vary the amount you’re comfortable paying upfront against the amount you pay each month.
More phones like the iPhone XS Max
- Refurbished iPhone XS Max deals
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
iPhone XS Max specs
|Release Date||04/09/2018 00:00:00|
|Sim Card Type||Nano|
|Size||77.4mm x 7.7mm x 157.5mm|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Display Size||6.5 inches|
|Screen Type||Super AMOLED|
|Resolution||1242 x 2688 inches|
|Pixels Per Inch||458 ppi|
|Touch Screen Type||Capacitive|
|Processor Cores||6 Cores Cores|
|Internal Storage||64, 256, 512|
|Primary Camera||12 MP|
|2nd Camera||1080 MP|