Aside from recent controversies, Chinese telecoms giant Huawei is best known for crafting top-drawer smartphones with bottom-drawer price-tags, and the latest flagship to join its ranks is the P30.
Indeed, Huawei's newest handset boasts all the top-drawer specs and features you’d expect from a flagship smartphone - especially on the camera-front.
Let’s take a look...
What is the Huawei P30 like?
Unsurprisingly, Huawei hasn’t meddled too much with the P30’s design. In fact, it sports a similar look to the P20, just with a few tweaks; most notably an in-screen fingerprint sensor where the home-screen button once sat, and three cameras aligned vertically at the back.
The P30’s display clocks-in at a hefty 6.1 inches, and the device boasts an OLED panel with super-sharp pixel density and 19.5:9 aspect ratio - perfect for watching TV shows, movies, and playing games.
Finally, in terms of colour, there are five variants to choose from: Breathing Crystal, Aurora, Amber Sunrise, Black and White.
Specs and features
Let's take a look at what it has to offer:
- Processor - the P30 features Huawei's most powerful chip set to date - the Kirin 980. Brilliantly, it’s the first chip to use the catchily named Cortex A76-based mobile CPU which, in plain English, means a significant boost in performance and power efficiency.
- Camera - here's where the P30 really shines. At the back of the phone sits three, vertical cameras - a 40MP, 16MP and 8MP - while a 24MP selfie camera sits at the front. There’s also an LED flash to the right of the lenses, and next to that a ‘time-of-flight-sensor’ designed for super accurate, in-depth shots.
- Battery - the P30 rocks an impressive 3,650mAh battery - plenty big enough to last the whole day, even for compulsive phone users.
- Storage - on the storage-front, the handset boasts 128GB, along with between 6GB and 12GB of RAM.
- Sonos One speaker - brilliantly, Huawei will offer a free Sonos One speaker to anyone who pre-orders the P30.
The P30 will set you back £799 which, although cheaper than the latest flagships from Apple and Samsung, is still quite steap.
Still, if the price is a little expensive for you, there’s currently some great deals around on other Huawei phones.
You can pre-order the handset right now!
How to get the best deals
This part is easy. Simply check out the deals on this page.
Or, if you're not to bothered about getting your hands on the latest flagship, check our best deals on previous Huawei flagships.