With great cameras, a large, crisp display and premium build, the Huawei's P20 is a lot of smartphone for the price.
What’s the best deal for the Huawei P20?
If you don’t need the absolute top-end latest Android handset or iPhone release, the Huawei P20 is an appealing combination of price, features and functionality.
You can filter by:
- Storage - The Huawei P20 is available with either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage for your apps, files and pics.
- Colour - You can get this Huawei model in Twilight, Pink Gold, Midnight Blue, Champagne Gold or black.
- Monthly allowance - There's plenty of choice here over what you can get. Tariffs range from a minimal allowance up to unlimited everything. Pick a small one if you don't use your phone much, or lots of data if you like to browse and stream all day - though most of us are satisfied with 2GB-5GB of data. Find out more about how much data you need.
- Budget - Think about how much you're willing to spend on your mobile bill each month, and how much you can spend upfront today.
- Network - Deals are available from lots of networks. Take your pick - whether you want free streaming with Three, low prices from Virgin Mobile, or a flexible contract from giffgaff. Some also have special offers for existing customers.
Once you've selected all the things that are important to you, you can sort the available deals by cost to see the cheapest, by data allowance to see the most generous, or just take a look at our top picks.
What is the Huawei P20 like?
One of the biggest criticisms levelled at the Huawei P20 is it isn’t the Huawei P20 Pro. True enough, but that could well be part of the appeal - a decent Android smartphone at a really good price.
This pocket-sized, glass-backed beauty is a solid performer which guarantees you a smooth operating experience and comes complete with a big battery. Its 5.8-inch display means it’s a little smaller than the P20 Pro, and the LCD display also means its colours are less vibrant, but it does come with 128GB of internal storage (as do the iPhone SE and Samsung Galaxy Note 9) and the same processor as the P20 Pro.
You will notice more economy on its cameras: two lenses instead of the P20 Pro’s three and there’s no optical zoom. In the end, it could well be the P20’s winning price that swings it for you.
What is the cheapest Huawei P20 deal?
While a Huawei P20 mobile contract isn’t quite as eye-wateringly expensive as the latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy handset, there are different ways to cover your costs - particularly if you don’t fancy paying a large upfront fee.
To get a contract deal at the lowest possible cost, you can...
- Choose an MVNO or budget network, such as giffgaff or Sky Mobile. These networks have lower operating costs, and therefore cost you less too.
- Go for a lower allowance or lower internal storage size - but make sure you still have enough to cover you for the next two years.
- Get a refurbished model which has been previously owned or returned.
- Buy through a reseller - like Carphone Warehouse or Buymobiles, which offer pay-monthly contracts at cheaper rates.
What is the best Huawei P20 deal with no upfront cost?
If you’d rather avoid a large upfront fee, there are mobile networks that let you spread the cost of a new Huawei P20 over the course of a contract.
Suppliers refer to this as a ‘free device’ which isn’t technically true - it just means you won’t pay anything upfront. However, it does mean you will pay a higher fee each month. The upside to this is you get a new phone in your hand without first handing over hundreds of pounds.
You can compare network deals and vary the amount you’re comfortable paying upfront against the amount you pay each month.
What is the best Huawei P20 deal with unlimited data?
Our compulsive use of smartphone apps, serial movie watching and music streaming on the go eats up a lot of mobile data - so it may be that you’re tempted to go for a contract with unlimited data.
Some mobile contracts do include this, but obviously it’s more expensive and so it’s worth considering if you really do need unlimited data.
A contract with, say, 20GB of data is still a huge amount of data to power through - and it will probably work out cheaper.
More phones like Huawei P20
|Release Date||13/03/2018 00:00:00|
|Sim Card Type||Nano|
|Form Factor||Candy Bar|
|Size||149.1mm x 7.7mm x 70.8mm|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer|
|Display Size||5.8 inches|
|Screen Type||IPS LCD|
|Resolution||1080 x 2240 inches|
|Pixels Per Inch||429 ppi|
|Touch Screen Type||Capacitive|
|Processor Cores||Octa Core Cores|