If the cost of a new OnePlus smartphone proves daunting, going for a refurbished handset is certainly an option worth considering. A refurbished phone is a phone that once belonged to someone else, has been restored to its factory settings and given an extensive check, repair and clean.
So, if your budget doesn’t stretch to a new OnePlus handset, consider the cheaper option of a refurbished mobile contract.
What is a refurbished Oneplus phone?
A refurbished phone is a used handset that has been restored to its factory settings and given a thorough maintenance check and repair - as well as a good clean and polish.
There are lots of reasons why someone has returned or got rid of a phone, such as:
- The phone had a fault, was returned, and the fault has now been fixed.
- The owner upgraded to a new phone and recycled or sold their old one.
- The owner changed their mind a few days after buying the phone - and sent it back.
- It was a company phone which isn't needed any more.
What are the best refurbished OnePlus deals?
The best deals on refurbished OnePlus handsets will depend on your needs and how you use your phone. You can search our deals table to see what’s on offer from different mobile networks.
Have an idea of the number of minutes and texts you will need each month - and consider how you use data. Watching movies on the go and using a lot of data-hungry apps will mean you’ll need a decent data allowance in your contract.
You can also compare refurbished OnePlus mobile contracts from different networks and balance an upfront cost against the monthly fee.
What are the cheapest refurbished OnePlus phones?
Signing up for a refurbished mobile phone contract is generally much cheaper than a new handset contract.
Each time OnePlus releases a new model, the price of older OnePlus handsets comes down - in some cases, a lot. This is when going for a refurbished OnePlus mobile contract can save you a lot of money.
When deciding on what type of refurbished OnePlus mobile contract to go for, consider how you want to split your costs, as some networks will vary the upfront fee against the monthly contract cost.
Some require a large sum upfront and then a lower monthly fee, while others flip this and include a higher monthly fee, but you’ll pay less upfront.
What are the benefits of a getting a refurbished OnePlus phone?
- It's quite a bit cheaper
- You can get most of the features of the latest OnePlus phone, but at a more affordable price
- It will have been thoroughly tested and should function as new
- You'll have more control over which mobile network you choose
- Recycling phones is better for the environment