If you don’t mind settling for an older iPhone model, rather than the latest Apple release, a refurbished iPhone 7 mobile contract could be for you. After all, brand new iPhones are very expensive.
What is a refurbished iPhone 7 deal?
A refurbished phone is an unwanted handset that has been returned to a mobile supplier or network for whatever reason - possibly due to a fault or the owner simply changed their mind.
If it’s refurbished, it means the phone has been restored to its factory settings and given a thorough maintenance check and repair.
Search our deals table of mobile networks and retailers to find a refurbished iPhone 7 deal.
Use the filters to find the right tariff of minutes, texts and data and storage options. You can also vary the balance between your monthly fee and any upfront cost.
What is the iPhone 7 like?
By adding water and dust resistance to the specs, as well as improving the system and graphics performance, the iPhone 7 represented another premium Apple release.
Powerful and elegant with a great screen and camera, it didn’t break the mould but still ticked all the quality boxes you’d expect from an iPhone. Removing the headphone jack annoyed a few people, but now everyone’s walking around with fancy wireless headphones, it doesn’t seem too much of a problem.
If you’re happy to settle for an older iPhone model, there are loads of excellent refurbished iPhone 7 deals available.
What are the best refurbished iPhone 7 deals?
The best refurbished iPhone 7 deals will depend on your needs and how you use your phone.
You can filter by:
- Storage - The iPhone 7 is available with either 32GB, 128GB or 256GB of internal storage for your apps, files and pics.
- Colour - You can get this model in Jet Black, gold, silver, Rose Gold and black.
- Monthly allowance - There's plenty of choice here over what you can get. Tariffs range from a minimal allowance up to unlimited everything. Pick a small one if you don't use your phone much, or lots of data if you like to browse and stream all day - though most of us are satisfied with 2GB-5GB of data.
- Budget - Think about how much you're willing to spend on your mobile bill each month, and how much you can spend upfront today.
- Network - Not all phones are available as refurbished handsets but you should still compare mobile networks. Some also have special offers for existing customers.
Once you've selected all the things that are important to you, you can sort the available deals by cost to see the cheapest, by data allowance to see the most generous, or just take a look at our top picks.
What are the cheapest refurbished iPhone 7 deals?
Signing up for a refurbished mobile phone contract is generally much cheaper than a new handset contract - particularly an iPhone contract.
Each time a new iPhone is released, the older iPhone models - such as the iPhone 7 - come down in price. As new iPhones are so expensive, choosing a refurbished iPhone contract on an older model is an excellent way to save money.
Search our deals table to see what’s on offer from different mobile networks, and consider the following:
- Work out the number of minutes and texts you will need each month.
- Think about your data use - data-hungry apps and watching movies on the go means you’ll need a decent data allowance.
- Compare refurbished contracts by upfront cost against monthly fee
- Budget networks will often offer cheaper refurbished iPhone contracts - providers such as iD Mobile and giffgaff.
- Pick a deal through a reseller, such as Carphone Warehouse - that is, a company that buys handsets and SIMs in bulk and passes the savings onto you.
iPhone 7 specs
|Sim Card Type
|138.3mm x 7.1mm x 67.1mm
|750 x 1334 inches
|Pixels Per Inch
|Touch Screen Type
|Quad Core Cores
|32, 128, 256