Press Room, News, features, contacts & downloads
CompareMyMobile.com is the #1 trusted source for gadget recycling news and statistics in the UK. We hold customizable data from over 40+ recyclers and millions of consumers.
The CompareMyMobile.com advantage... CompareMyMobile.com was launched in July 2009 as is one of the original recycling comparison websites. We have over 40 recyclers giving us feeds for 4,000+ gadgets in 9 categories holding 100,000+ prices!
The founding team at CompareMyMobile.com have over 10 years in the mobile industry from distribution giants Kondor Ltd and 20:20 Mobile Group (where they launched PhoneRecycleBank.com).
Skip to all our press features
PR Inquiries & Pack
CompareMyMobile.com is always happy to help members of the press, bloggers and editors.
Download... If our free resource pack below or get in touch for custom statistics as well as opinions, quotes.
Our unique data from being one of the original recycle sites in the UK earns us great mentions!
Here are some examples of what the press has been kind enough to say about CompareMyMobile.com.
The price of a second-hand mobile phone has risen 68 per cent in a year to £101, according to new data.
CompareMyMobile.com tracks trade-in depreciation for more than 4,000 phones from 47 manufacturers
Always check on a price comparison site such as CompareMyMobile to make sure you get the best deal
Apple products amassed to a huge 49% of the online gadget trade-in market in 2012
CompareMyMobile has saved its customers more than £20 million since the service launched in 2009
2015 Phone Recycling Round up
The news so far using CompareMyMobile data from over stores, new survey results and consumer reviews.
- There is estimated to be around 76.8 million unused phones in the UK alone
- That's enough phones to pollute over three trillion litres of water, the equivalent of over 1 million Olympic swimming pools
- With the growth of the smart phone comes the increase in the average recycled value of handsets. The average price of the top 100 traded-in phones in 2015 was £123.10, this is the highest it has ever been.
- CompareMyMobile's survey results show that over a third of people upgrading to Samsung's Galaxy S5 previously owned an iPhone
- 93% of the population owns and uses a mobile phone. *according to OFCOM statistics
- In 2015, trade-ins of Samsung phones did not increase after the iPhone 6S launch. This is the first time that has happened