Something of a hybrid, the iPhone SE took the innards of an iPhone 6s and squeezed them into the shell of an iPhone 5 to give you a powerful palm-sized, four-inch Apple smartphone.
What is a refurbished iPhone SE deal?
A refurbished phone is an unwanted handset that has been returned to a mobile supplier or network for whatever reason - possibly due to a fault or the owner simply changed their mind.
If it’s refurbished, it means the phone has been restored to its factory settings and given a thorough maintenance check and repair.
Search our deals table of mobile networks and retailers to find a refurbished iPhone SE deal.
Use the filters to find the right tariff of minutes, texts and data and storage options. You can also vary the balance between your monthly fee and any upfront cost.
What is the iPhone SE like?
Looking remarkably like the iPhone 5, with the internal specs of the iPhone 6s, the SE didn’t exactly break any new boundaries. But that’s not to say it isn’t a compact and powerful Apple model.
Containing one of Apple’s most powerful processors - the A9 chip - and boasting super-fast connectivity, the SE had a longer-lasting battery than the 5S, and a decent camera - certainly a match for the 6S.
Never intended to be released as a flagship Apple model, the SE still ticks a box if you want a quick, one-handed, cheaper iPhone.
What are the best refurbished iPhone SE deals?
The best refurbished iPhone SE deals will depend on your needs and how you use your phone.
You can filter by:
- Storage - The iPhone SE is available with either 32GB or 128GB of internal storage for your apps, files and pics.
- Colour - You can get this model in Space Grey, Rose Gold, silver or gold.
- Monthly allowance - There's plenty of choice here over what you can get. Tariffs range from a minimal allowance up to unlimited everything. Pick a small one if you don't use your phone much, or lots of data if you like to browse and stream all day - though most of us are satisfied with 2GB-5GB of data.
- Budget - Think about how much you're willing to spend on your mobile bill each month, and how much you can spend upfront today.
- Network - Not all phones are available as refurbished handsets but you should still compare mobile networks. Some also have special offers for existing customers.
Once you've selected all the things that are important to you, you can sort the available deals by cost to see the cheapest, by data allowance to see the most generous, or just take a look at our top picks.
What are the cheapest refurbished iPhone SE deals?
Signing up for a refurbished mobile phone contract is generally much cheaper than a new handset contract - particularly an iPhone contract.
Each time a new iPhone is released, the older iPhone models - such as the iPhone SE - come down in price. As new iPhones are so expensive, choosing a refurbished iPhone contract on an older model is an excellent way to save money.
Search our deals table to see what’s on offer from different mobile networks, and consider the following:
- Work out the number of minutes and texts you will need each month
- Think about your data use - data-hungry apps and watching movies on the go means you’ll need a decent data allowance
- Compare refurbished contracts by upfront cost against monthly fee
- Budget networks will often offer cheaper refurbished iPhone contracts - providers such as giffgaff
- Pick a deal through a reseller, such as Carphone Warehouse - that is, a company that buys handsets and SIMs in bulk and passes the savings onto you.
iPhone SE specs
|Sim Card Type||Nano|
|Size||58.6mm x 7.6mm x 123.8mm|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer|
|Display Size||4 inches|
|Screen Type||IPS LCD|
|Resolution||640 x 1136 inches|
|Pixels Per Inch||326 ppi|
|Touch Screen Type||Capacitive|
|Processor Cores||Dual Core Cores|
|Internal Storage||16, 32, 64, 128|
|Primary Camera||12 MP|
|2nd Camera||1.2 MP|