What's the best phone deal this month? How can you get the best price on an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy? What about special offers? Read on for all the answers...
If you're looking for a good - nay, the best - mobile phone deal, you've come to the right place.
Whether you're after a new iPhone, a swanky Samsung Galaxy or something a little more affordable, you'll be able to find a handset here at a great price. We compare plans from a loads of different networks, including biggies like Three, EE, Vodafone and O2, and smaller operators like giffgaff and iD Mobile.
Getting started is easy - simply click the button below to compare phones!
What's the best mobile phone contract deal?
Finding the best deal mobile phone depends on two things:
- What you need from your plan - the best plan depends entirely on what you actually want it to do. For example, if you're someone who likes to stream film or TV shows on the move, you'll need a lot of data to accommodate that. Other concerns might include the amount of call time included, coverage and more. We'll go into all that in the next section.
- When you look - mobile deals change all the time. Operators are in constant competition to outdo each other with offers, price cuts and more. That's why it's important to always compare deals to see what the best is right now. If only there was some sort of… I dunno, mobile phone price comparison site. He wrote staring pointedly at the button below.
How do I find the best mobile deal?
Numerous elements make up a phone contract plan, and it's useful to consider them all when making a decision. Once you have a solid idea of what you want, you can compare your options here and use the filters on the page to whittle the results down to only show you plans that fulfil your requirements.
So here are some points to consider:
How much mobile data do I need?
One of the most important things to consider is how much data you need. You don't want to go too low and pay to add more, but you don't want to go too high and pay more than you have to. Everyone's data needs are different, but we do have a few tips to help you work out yours:
- Find out how much you currently use - some mobile networks have apps that show you how much data you've used in a particular month, such as Three's MyThree or EE's MyEE. You can use these to get a sense of your current data consumption and pick a plan that accommodates your behaviour. You can also get third party apps that perform a similar function.
- Check a guide - take a look at this guide on mobile data use. It gives you a general indication of how much data different activities need, from streaming video or music to checking Facebook. It's not 100% accurate - different services will use different amounts of data, but it should give a general idea of how much data you need.
- Take a data test drive - some mobile networks, Vodafone for example, will let you do a 'data test drive' with some of their plans. Essentially, you get limitless data for a few months, and your final allowance will be based on how much you've used.
- Get a 30 day SIM-only plan - if you're not sure whether a particular data allowance is enough, a cheap 30-day SIM plan with the same amount can help you do a real world test. Then, when you know if your usage, you can switch to a full contract phone plan.
How much call time and how many texts?
Most plans these days include unlimited text messages, but call time is another story. If you're the chatty type, you'll want a plan with inclusive calls - there are loads of plans that have unlimited call time, so you shouldn't have a problem finding one a good one.
On the other hand, if you plan to communicate primarily through the medium of WhatsApp (other instant messaging services are available), you can probably save a few quid by choosing a plan with less call time.
The other thing to consider is calling abroad. If you regularly phone overseas, you should look for a plan with either good rates in those territories, or that include inclusive international calls. Some networks, such as Lebara, specialise in these types of plan, but most major operators offer an international calls add-on.
What's coverage like?
Obviously you'll travel hither and thither with your new handset, but you should still make sure that coverage is acceptable in areas you frequent like home or work. All operators have coverage checkers and while they're not 100% accurate, they will give you a vital indication of services available.
How much do I want to pay upfront?
As a rule, the higher the upfront cost, the lower your monthly bill will be. For those who can afford it, paying a bit upfront can save you a bit of money in the long term, but not everyone has that option.
If you can't afford a big cash splurge and prefer to spread the cost over the length of your contract, a no upfront cost deal will set you right. Find out more here:
What is my monthly budget?
The big one - how much do you have to spend each month? It's important not to get too carried away - if you know how much you can afford, then compare options that meet that budget. Use the filters in our results grid to limit the results so only see deals in your price range.
That said, don't get tunnel vision and focus on price above all else. You need a little flexibility to ensure you find a plan that's suitable. For example, you don't want to skimp on data to keep costs down if you think you need it. It's awful to be put in a position where you're constantly paying for extra top ups, or restricting what you want to do with your phone.
What are the best iPhone deals?
You can't really go wrong with an iPhone. Whether you favour Apple's world-famous uberphones or prefer the freer waters of Android, you can't deny that the company makes quality handsets.
On CompareMyMobile.com, we list deals for loads of iPhone models, including:
Finding the best deal is pretty simple. Simply use our comparison tool to draw in all the deals, and use the filters to specify the requirements of your plan, including data, budget, contract length and more.
What are the best Samsung Galaxy deals?
The Samsung Galaxy family is one of the most popular of all smartphones. It's also - not coincidentally - one of the best.
On CompareMyMobile.com, let you see deals for most Samsung Galaxy models still in production, including:
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
What are the best cheap phone deals?
The days when cheap phones meant rubbish phones are long gone. These days it's perfectly possible to get a low-cost handset that doesn't cut corners on quality. Handsets from Motorola and Huawei offer affordable alternatives to the all-singing, all dancing flagships like those above, and you can compare loads of them on CompareMyMobile.com.